To post events to the Community Meets activity list, you first need an organiser account. You can create that account,
● when posting an event,
● by starting an Interest or Community Group,
● by creating an About page for your business or organisation.
Features vary, depending on the type of account or page you elect to setup. You may create more than one organiser account. Where you intend to link events to a Group or About page, these pages must be created prior to posting an event. Where you just want to post an event, go straight to the Post an Event form.
'About us' pages provide event organisers and organisations with a greater onsite presence plus a dedicated URL. Members will be able to learn more about you, even if no events published. They'll also be able to see an on-page events list, and follow you.
When creating an About Page, your page must include or display;
● A detailed description of the person or organisation behind the page
● An profile profile image or logo
● A cover image free of text or marketing material
Pages may not be approved, or removed from the site, if;
● They do not meet the minimum requirements
● Have little or no meaningful content
● There is no clear intention to organise an event
● The objective is to sell or promote products and/or services
The person or entity creating the page will be listed as the page owner.
When creating an About Page, take care naming the page as the name can only be changed once. Where possible choose a short yet descriptive name. The page name forms the pages URL.
When creating a new page, you agree and confirm:
(a) you have the right to use the name,
(b) you are not in violation or breach of any copyright, IP, trademark or any other naming rights.
COMMUNITY MEETS reserves the right to remove and edit content, and where deemed necessary, to request proof of ownership or naming rights. Creating pages to simply reserve a name or URL is not allowed; inactive pages and content maybe removed at the sole discretion of Community Meets.
Where a description is required, add plenty of useful information and endeavour to answer questions members may have, such as:
● What type of activities or events are you intending to host?
● Where might these activities take place?
● How often do you intend to organise activities?
● Why did you start the page?
● Will the page be public or private?
● Are there fees or costs associated with activities or joining the page?
● Should members have a certain level of fitness or experience?
● Will members be required to bring anything to activities?
● Are members required to have ambulance and/or health insurance?
● Are your events gender specific?
● Will you encourage members to invite friends?
Page location provides members with an idea of where you or the organisation is based. These details are displayed on the page. For safety reasons, COMMUNITY MEETS recommends adding a general location, such as a suburb or area, versus a physical address.
Note, you enter a physical address at your own risk. For more information, please review our 'Safety' topic.
Select an option that best describes you, or the organisation behind the page.
About Pages are created in the Public Forum, but can be updated to Private once the page has been created.
● Public Pages and activities are visible to both COMMUNITY MEETS members and persons browsing the website. They may also appear at other websites, applications and locations, such as in Google search results.
● Private Pages and activities are visible to page members, and any person(s) with or receiving a link to the page, or its events.