Event Organiser Pages
If you would like to post events to the Community Meets activity list, without having to start a group, you first need to setup an Event Organiser page. Once setup, you'll be able to post all sorts of events, be they one-off, repeat, public or private, as well as manage member and contact lists.
Until your page is up and running, you will not be able to post an event.
'About us' pages provide event organisers with a greater onsite presence plus a dedicated URL. Members will be able to learn more about you, even if no events published. They'll also be able to see an on-page events list, and follow you.
Hidden admin pages offer a quick and easy way to post events, without having to add description text or a cover image. Note, if no events have been published, people will not be able to locate or learn more about you!
Where applicable, your page must include or display;
● A robust organisation description ● An owners profile profile image or logo ● A cover image free of text or marketing material
Pages may not be approved, or removed from the site, if;
● They do not meet our minimum requirements
● They have little or no meaningful content,
● There is no clear intention to organise an event
● The objective is to sell or promote products or services
● There is no intent to connect like-minded people, face-to-face
The person or entity creating the page will be listed as the page owner.
When creating a visible 'About us' page, take care naming the page as the name can only be changed once. Where possible choose a short yet descriptive name. The page name forms the pages URL.
When creating a new page, you agree and confirm:
(a) you have the right to use the name,
(b) you are not in violation or breach of any copyright, IP, trademark or any other naming rights.
COMMUNITY MEETS reserves the right to remove/edit content, and where deemed necessary, to request proof of ownership or naming rights. Creating pages to simply reserve a page name is not allowed, inactive pages and content maybe removed at the sole discretion of Community Meets.
Where a description is required, add plenty of useful information and endeavour to answer questions members may have, such as:
● What type of activities or events are you intending to host?
● Where might these activities take place?
● How often do you intend to organise activities?
● Why did you start the page?
● Will the page be public or private?
● Are there fees or costs associated with activities or joining the page?
● Should members have a certain level of fitness or experience?
● Will members be required to bring anything to activities?
● Are members required to have ambulance and/or health insurance?
● Are your events gender specific?
● Will you encourage members to invite friends?
Page location provides members with an idea of where the group or organiser is based. These details are displayed on the page. For safety reasons, COMMUNITY MEETS recommends adding a general location, such as a suburb or area, versus a physical address.
Note, you enter a physical address at your own risk. For more information, please review our 'Safety' topic.
Select an option that best describes the page, or the organisation behind the page.
'Hidden' pages are only visible to page owners and members with administrator access. Events posted from a hidden page can be public or private.
'About us' pages are created in the Public Forum, but can be updated to Private once the page has been created.
● Public Pages and activities are visible to both COMMUNITY MEETS members and persons browsing the website. They may also appear at other websites, applications and locations, such as in Google search results.
● Private Pages and activities are visible to page members, and any person(s) with or receiving a link to the page, or its events. For persons with access to the page, the invite and share features continue to work as they do for public pages.