Create a Page
Interest groups are perfect for rallying a group of people around an interest or hobby. By choosing to start an Interest Group, you will have access to powerful tools that will help you to establish a new group, manage an existing group, and create all sorts of amazing events for your members. If your intention is to organising regular events for group members, you’ll likely want to create an interest group.
Community groups, we all want to make the world a better place, right? A Community Group is a great way to unite a group of people around a cause, mission or location. You’ll have access to all the ‘interest group’ features, but here you can also authorise members and other event organisers to contribute events to the community page. This is great way of centralising events and growing the events list. Imagine, all your communities events, conveniently listed in the single location.
Event Manager pages are ideal for event organisers looking for a simple way to manage or promote an upcoming event, without having to start a group. For a greater site presence, dedicated URL and linked events, choose a 'Visible' page as posting source, alternatively, choose a 'Hidden' page. In either case, you’ll have access to loads of smart tools, making it easy to share and promote your upcoming events, be they one-off or repeat events, public or private.
The person, corporation or entity creating the page is the page owner. The owners Profile Name and Photo will be imported and displayed on the page.
When naming the page name, take care, as the name can only be changed once. Where possible choose a short yet descriptive name. The page name forms the pages URL.
When creating a new page, you agree and confirm:
(a) you have the right to use the name,
(b) you are not in violation or breach of any copyright, IP, trademark or any other naming rights.
COMMUNITY MEETS reserves the right to remove/edit content, and where deemed necessary, to request proof of ownership or naming rights. Creating pages to simply reserve a page name is not allowed, inactive pages and content maybe removed at the sole discretion of Community Meets.
Add plenty of useful information and endeavour to answer questions potential page members may have. Some things you might wish to consider are:
● What type of activities or events are you intending to host?
● Where might these activities take place?
● How often do you intend to organise activities?
● Why did you start the page?
● Will the page be public or private?
● Are there fees or costs associated with activities or joining the page?
● Should members have a certain level of fitness or experience?
● Will members be required to bring anything to activities?
● Are members required to have ambulance and/or health insurance?
● Are your events gender specific?
● Will you encourage members to invite friends?
Page location provides members with an idea of where the group or organiser is based. These details are displayed on the page. For safety reasons, COMMUNITY MEETS recommends adding a general location, such as a suburb or area, versus a physical address.
Note, you enter a physical address at your own risk. For more information, please review our 'Safety' topic.
Select an option that best describes the group/page type, or the organisation creating the page. Category options vary, depending on the type of page selected.
New pages are created in the Public Forum, but can be updated to Private once the page has been created.
● Public Pages and activities are visible to both COMMUNITY MEETS members and persons browsing the website. They may also appear at other websites, applications and locations, such as in Google search results.
● Private Pages and activities are visible to page members, and any person(s) with or receiving a link to the page, or its events. For persons with access to the page, the invite and share features continue to work as they do for public pages.