Start a Group
STARTING A GROUP
Group pages are perfect for rallying people around an interest, hobby, cause or mission. You will have access to powerful tools that will help you to manage the group and create engaging events. If you intent to organise regular events for group members, you’ll likely want to start a group.
Group pages must comply with the following minimum requirements;
● There must be a detailed group description
● The owners profile must include a profile image or logo
● A cover image free of marketing material must be displayed
Please note, pages may not be approved, or removed from the site if;
● They do not meet our minimum requirements
● They have little or no meaningful content,
● There is no clear intention to organise an event
● The objective is to sell or promote products or services
The person or entity creating the group will be listed on page as the group owner.
When naming the Group, take care, as the name can only be changed once. Where possible choose a short yet descriptive name. The page name also forms the pages URL.
By creating a group, you agree and confirm:
(a) you have the right to use the group name,
(b) you are not in violation or breach of any copyright, IP, trademark or any other naming rights.
COMMUNITY MEETS reserves the right to remove or edit content, and where deemed necessary, to request proof of ownership or naming rights. Creating groups to reserve a name is not allowed; inactive groups and content maybe removed from the site at the sole discretion of Community Meets.
Add plenty of useful information and endeavour to answer questions potential page members may have. Some things you might wish to consider are:
● What type of activities or events are you intending to host?
● Where might these activities take place?
● How often do you intend to organise activities?
● Why did you start the page?
● Will the page be public or private?
● Are there fees or costs associated with activities or joining the page?
● Should members have a certain level of fitness or experience?
● Will members be required to bring anything to activities?
● Are members required to have ambulance and/or health insurance?
● Are your events gender specific?
● Will you encourage members to invite friends?
A location provides members with an idea of where the group is based. These details are displayed on the page. For safety reasons, COMMUNITY MEETS recommends adding a general location, such as a suburb or area, versus a physical address.
Select one option that best describes the type of group you are starting. After the group has been setup, you will be able to add keywords to assist others locate your group, both on and offsite.
New groups are created in the Public Forum, but can be updated to Private once the page has been created.
● Public Groups and activities are visible to both COMMUNITY MEETS members and persons browsing the website. They may also appear at other websites, applications and locations, such as in Google search results.
● Private Group visibility depends on selections made at page settings. Some content is hidden from non-group members. Members that do have access to the page can continue to share details with others.
Please note, that private pages and events are never fully private, some content is still viewable.