Start a Group
Group pages are perfect for rallying people around an interest, hobby, cause or mission. You will have access to powerful tools that will help you to establish a new group, manage an existing group, and create engaging events. If you intent on organising regular events for group members, you’ll likely want to create an interest group.
At the group page, not only can you post and manage your own events, you can authorise others to contribute events. This is great way of centralising events and engaging community members.
Group pages must comply with the following minimum requirements;
● There must be a robust description outlining the intent of the group
● The owners profile must include a profile image or logo
● A cover image free of logos, text or marketing material must be displayed
Please note, pages may not be approved, or removed from the site, if;
● They do not meet our minimum requirements
● They have little or no meaningful content,
● There is no clear intention to organise an event
● The objective is to sell or promote products or services
● There is no intent to connect like-minded people, face-to-face
The person or entity creating the group will be listed on page as group owner.
When naming the Group, take care, as the name can only be changed once. Where possible choose a short yet descriptive name. The page name forms the pages URL.
By creating a group, you agree and confirm:
(a) you have the right to use the group name,
(b) you are not in violation or breach of any copyright, IP, trademark or any other naming rights.
COMMUNITY MEETS reserves the right to remove/edit content, and where deemed necessary, to request proof of ownership or naming rights. Creating groups to reserve a name is not allowed; inactive groups and content maybe removed at the sole discretion of Community Meets.
Add plenty of useful information and endeavour to answer questions potential page members may have. Some things you might wish to consider are:
● What type of activities or events are you intending to host?
● Where might these activities take place?
● How often do you intend to organise activities?
● Why did you start the page?
● Will the page be public or private?
● Are there fees or costs associated with activities or joining the page?
● Should members have a certain level of fitness or experience?
● Will members be required to bring anything to activities?
● Are members required to have ambulance and/or health insurance?
● Are your events gender specific?
● Will you encourage members to invite friends?
A location provides members with an idea of where the group is based. These details are displayed on the page. For safety reasons, COMMUNITY MEETS recommends adding a general location, such as a suburb or area, versus a physical address.
Note, you enter a physical address at your own risk. For more information, please review our 'Safety' topic.
Select an option that best describes or matches the type of group you are starting. Category options do not impact on page visibility. Once a group is setup, you'll be able to add a list of keywords to help others locate the group, both internally and externally.
New groups are created in the Public Forum, but can be updated to Private once the page has been created.
● Public Groups and activities are visible to both COMMUNITY MEETS members and persons browsing the website. They may also appear at other websites, applications and locations, such as in Google search results.
● Private Groups and activities are visible to page members, and any person(s) with or receiving a link to the page, or its events. For persons with access to the page, the invite and share features continue to work as they do for public pages.