STARTING A GROUP
Group pages are perfect for rallying people around an interest, hobby, cause or mission. You'll have access to smart tools that will help you to manage the group and create engaging events. If your intention is to organise regular events for group members, you’ll likely want to start a group.
Newly created groups need to be approved before appearing in the Groups list. Please note that the following pages may not be approved or published:
● Those with little or no meaningful content,
● There is no clear intent to organise an event
● The objective is to sell or promote products or services
This is the person or entity that creates the group. They will be listed on the group page as the group owner.
When naming the Group, take care, as the name can only be changed once. Where possible choose a short yet descriptive name. The Group name also forms the pages URL.
By creating a group, you agree and confirm:
(a) you have the right to use the Group name,
(b) you are not in violation or breach of any copyright, IP, trademark or any other naming rights.
COMMUNITY MEETS reserves the right to remove or edit content, and where deemed necessary to request proof of ownership or naming rights. Creating groups to reserve a name is not allowed; inactive groups and content maybe removed from the site at the sole discretion of Community Meets.
Add plenty of useful information and endeavour to answer questions members may have. Some things you might wish to consider are:
● What type of activities or events are you intending to host?
● Where might these activities take place?
● How often do you intend to organise activities?
● Why did you start the page?
● Will the page be public or private?
● Are there fees or costs associated with activities or joining the page?
● Should members have a certain level of fitness or experience?
● Will members be required to bring anything to activities?
● Are members required to have ambulance and/or health insurance?
● Are your events gender specific?
● Will you encourage members to invite friends?
A location provides members with an idea of where the group is based. These details are displayed on the page. For safety reasons, COMMUNITY MEETS recommends adding a general location, such as a suburb or area, versus a physical address.
Select an option that best describes the type of group you are starting. Once the group has been setup, you will be able to add your own keywords, these will assist others locate the group, both on and offsite.
New groups are created in the Public Forum, but can be updated to Private once the page has been created.
All content is visible to COMMUNITY MEETS members and persons browsing the website. They may also appear on other websites, applications and various locations, such as in Google search results.
A Groups privacy can be changed at page settings, but this action is irreversible! When a Group is set to Private, the page and all its events will be private.
● Members, contacts added at 'Event Manager' and those invited to the page/event by the owner/admin/activity organiser can view details, provided they are signed in, otherwise some content is hidden. Others with a link to the page will have limited access, they may request to join the group or attend its events, however until approved, some content remains hidden.